Resources for Expectant Parents
Whether you are first-time parents or a growing family, we appreciate your interest in Valley Children's Medical Group. Once your baby is born, one of our Valley Children's Medical Group pediatricians will visit you in the hospital, assess your newborn's health, and answer any questions you might have.
We see newborns at all main hospitals in the region:
Mercy Hospital Southwest
Bakersfield Memorial Hospital
Kern Medical Center
Saint Agnes Medical Center
Clovis Community Medical Center
Community Regional Medical Center
Mercy Medical Center
The best way to find a pediatrician is by doing your research! Valley Children's experienced pediatricians welcome expectant parents to meet with us before your baby arrives. These interviews allow you to get to know your potential baby's doctor and is one less thing to worry about once you give birth.
To schedule a no-charge interview, call a Valley Children's pediatrics office near you.
What questions should I ask at a pediatrician interview?
Being a new parent can be overwhelming, but we are here to easy your anxiety and answer all the questions you have. Bring a list with you to your expectant parent interview. Here are a few good questions to ask:
- Do you accept my insurance?
- How many years have you been in practice?
- What do I do if I have a question after-hours?
- What are your views on breastfeeding, antibiotics, circumcision, etc.?
Why choose a Valley Children's Medical Group pediatrician?
- High quality care close to home
- Close relationship with Valley Children's Hospital means that whether your child needs routine well exams or something more serious, they will receive the best care
- Our board certified pediatricians' goal is to ensure that your child leads a happy and healthy life